Monday, August 13, 2007

Birthday

As previously mentioned, Elise's birthday was this past Friday. I do not know where the last two years went. How could it have been two years ago that the nurse placed my tiny little daughter in my arms? (Well, more on my arms, and then she stayed there to make sure I didn't drop her.) The memories I have of our days in the hospital and the first few months at home are so vivid...it's hard to believe that two years have elapsed.

So yes, Friday was Elise's birthday. We had her party on Saturday. My husband has done a great job of describing the party, so I will not reinvent the blogging wheel by rehashing details. You can read about it here. Suffice it to say we had a great time and we were very tired afterward.

Sunday was a quiet day. We went to church in the morning, and then enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home. Just as we were starting to talk about maybe getting out and enjoying the nice evening, some friends called and invited us to a local fair, just a few minutes away from our house. Perfect. We went and enjoyed fresh roasted corn on the cob (my all-time favorite food) and strawberry crepes while Elise and her little friend rocked out to a local band's performance. Good times.

Today it's back to the workaday world. Elise is yelling from her room, "Mommy! Elise wants to go upside-down!" The dishwasher and washing machine are working their magic, the bed is made, the floor swept. I'm about to pour myself a second cup of coffee and then go through the stack of cooking magazines that my husband left for me. We are finally going through them and picking out the recipes we want to keep, entering them into a computer database, and getting rid of the magazines. I have a rough life, let me tell ya. Sipping coffee and reading magazines whilst my daughter amuses herself by hanging upside down from her little chair. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

1 comment:

janenetindall said...

Getting rid? Geyying rid? Gasp! I'd gladly be your trash receptical in this instance... By the way, if they are cooking lights, did you know they put all their magazine recipes on their site? You could just save them instead of typing them out. You just have to know what to look for, but I've found all the ones I've been looking for so far, so I THINK they are all on there...

By the way, want me to renew your Country Home subscription? Its free again....