Monday, August 25, 2008

My (Half) Productive Weekend

Lately I've been noticing that the number of days until Baby's arrival are fewer and fewer, but somehow the number of things to do before she arrives keeps growing. Hm. So this past weekend, my husband and I went to work. I still can't really cross anything off the "Pre-Baby To Do List", but at least several items have been started. This weekend we:

  • acquired a dresser for Baby (but it is still empty)
  • acquired and washed fabric for Baby's valances (but haven't started sewing)
  • washed Baby's clothes (but haven't folded or put away)
  • picked out diapers* (but haven't ordered them)
  • registered for Baby stuff (but this one was never on the To Do list, so I can't cross it off. We decided at the last minute to register because so many people were asking what we needed, and all we could come up with on the spot was "pacifiers"...and we didn't really want to end up with 57 pacifiers.)

Now I just need to keep the momentum going and get these jobs finished. With just over six weeks to go, I'm feeling the crunch of preparing for Baby, keeping up with things at home so we don't end up leaving for the hospital with piles of laundry or dishes undone, and the slightly sad, nagging feeling that these are the last few precious weeks we will have alone with our oldest daughter, weeks that we should cherish and not waste. And over all these things is the umbrella of excitement and joy. In just over six weeks, our daughter will be here! We will finally meet this child for whom we have hoped and waited, prayed and cried. I know there are many, many people out there who have been hoping, waiting, praying and crying for their child for much longer than we have, and my heart goes out to you.

Six weeks. If my husband and daughter can live with me in my crazy emotional state for that long, then we'll be good!

*We're going cloth this time, people! Say a prayer for us...

No comments: