Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm So Ready For This

Isn't she sweet? This is my daughter at naptime a few weeks ago. She really is sleeping. Who knew little children actually slept in such picturesque positions? This is not how I found her this morning, however. Nope. This morning she was sitting up in bed, ready to go...at 5:30. My daughter doesn't get up at 5:30. She's more of a 7:30/8:00 kind of kid. I don't get up at 5:30 either. Add to that a frustrating day of parenting yesterday and a late night last night, and you will find that I am functioning quite poorly today. And I'm pregnant, so I can't even fake coherence with coffee.

But there is hope! My sister and brother-in-law will be arriving tonight, and we will go on vacation. Vacation! Our daughter will be with us part of the time and with grandparents part of the time, and that sounds just about perfect to me. (I need a break, but I don't like being away from her for more than a couple of days.) We have no agenda. We know where we will be staying and how we will get there, and that's it. It will be wonderful.

So all I have to do is make it through today and keep telling myself that it's okay if the house isn't spotless before we go. That is okay, isn't it?

2 comments:

janenetindall said...

Yes. That is totally Ok. let me know if you need any help with anything when you get back!

Heidijayhawk said...

oh honey how well i remember those days. i hope you enjoy a bit of time off during your vacation!