Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation

There have been so many great things going on in real life lately that I haven't had time to blog about them. I like that. Andy and I, along with my sister and her husband, had a wonderful few days of vacation. We spent a few days in Victoria, B.C., which is just so beautiful. We walked (and walked and walked), visited museums, toured a castle, ate entire meals without cutting any person's meat but our own, and even went to a late night movie. Andy and Adam thought it was great fun to take pictures of all things Canadian. You would think that I mean things unique to Canada, but no. I mean things like Canadian dogs, Canadian firetrucks, Canadian street signs. If we had been visiting from some distant locale, this wouldn't have seemed so odd. But we live a mere ferry ride away; a long ferry ride, but still, that is the extent of the trip.



Here my sister and I are marveling at the small size of 100 year old ball gowns. Even my size 2 sister was in awe. Thank goodness for the obliteration of corsets.


After Victoria, we spent a couple of days camping. Our daughter was with us for most of this time. It was quiet, restful, and very pleasant. The weather was perfect. The roasted marshmallows were superb. We roasted one for our daughter, but she insisted that it was "dirty", and would only eat "clean" (i.e., raw) marshmallows.

It took us a few days to get back into the swing of things at home, as it always does, but ultimately we came back refreshed and ready to take on our list of summer/pre-baby projects.

No comments: